Front End Engineer, Business Systems Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking to hire a Front Engineer to join our growing Business Systems Engineering team. As Elastic has grown, our systems & operations to support the company continue to scale with it. We'd like to hire an awesome hybrid engineer to help meet the needs of our customers (internal & external) and design the next wave of UIs in applications that we build on top of platforms like Salesforce, Netsuite, AWS, and the Elastic Stack.
The ideal person is comfortable in two main areas: 1) Navigating through ambiguity in discussing ideas for interfaces and applications that reflect a cross-functional and human approach to design as well as 2) Having the technical ability to take those designs and bring them to reality. You will be working collaboratively with our business partners and the rest of our Business Systems team to design and build solutions that make an impact and reflect a fundamental understanding of the people interacting with the applications that we build.
Business Systems Overview
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The Business System Team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creating designs for UIs in new applications based on a deep understanding of business users (Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance) and our customers.
- Translating designs into technical specifications and actual development of the interface.
- Creating a set of design standards and patterns to be shared among all applications built in the Business Systems team
- Collaborate with a variety of engineers across various platforms to launch new applications that touch a wide variety of people inside and outside the company
What You Bring Along:
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in being the hybrid designer and engineer to ship & build new UIs
- Has led development of several responsive, intuitive and robust web applications
- Thrive with ambiguity and are willing to roll-up your sleeves to get things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Are awesome
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the globe/region and we will consider candidates that are not residing in the locations listed below.
Target Locations: Austin, TX; Denver, CO; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; London, UK;
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable lae.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1190561