Front-End Designer - Canada Remote Canada /
We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Who you are and what you’ll do
- You are an experienced Front End Designer with coding skills.
- You enjoy crafting thoughtful user experiences and solving interesting problems.
- You have the interest and ability to learn new languages, as needed, for project work.
- You will be a Customer Experience Engineering team member, designing and developing customer-facing properties and internal tools.
Skills you need
- Multiple years of experience designing intuitive and thoughtful user experiences.
- Understanding of responsive and adaptive design
- Experience with wireframing and design tools, such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and Zeplin
- Strong collaboration skills to work with multi-functional delivery teams on project
- A portfolio of your work that you can share with us
Nice to Have
- Proficiency in Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3 [transitions, animations, behaviors])
- Detailed knowledge of cross-browser UI issues
- Reside in AST, EST, or CST timezones
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.