Freelance Interactive Designer Worldwide
Are you a designer of digital things? Do you like puppies?
One of these things is very important to us.
We’re a digital agency (www.sanbornagency.com) looking for modern-day renaissance designer humans to help us make things. Digital things. Wonderful things. Wonderful digital things. It’s simple…and complicated. Let’s go deeper…
We’re looking to extend our bench of trusted freelancers to augment our core team when the tide of work rises higher than our willingness to clone ourselves at great risk to science and the natural world. It’s not much more complicated than that.
These are the things (we hope) you are made of:
- Cotton candy. Who doesn’t like cotton candy?*
- Breadth and depth of skills. We do a lot of different stuff across the digital rainbow and we’re looking to keep our bench of freelance talent as tight as possible so our hope is to find some folks who like to play in a lot of different digital playgrounds. Our work, on any given day includes:
- Designing smaller websites like this: https://sanbornagency.com/work/create-the-court/
- Designing larger websites like this: https://sanbornagency.com/work/legendary-digital-alpha-svod-platform/
- Designing in-store kiosks like this: https://sanbornagency.com/work/mac-foundation-finder-digital-kiosk-app/
- Designing mobile app interfaces like this: https://sanbornagency.com/work/inferno-augmented-reality-app/
- Creating brand identity like this: https://sanbornagency.com/work/swearby-product-development/
- Creating social content campaigns like this: https://sanbornagency.com/work/clinique-wink-nod-social-campaign/
- Designing graphics for motion animation pieces like this: https://vimeo.com/65683086
- You certainly don’t need to be a master in all of the above to be considered but do tell us about your experience in any one or more of them.
- Between 1 and 1MM years of experience. We’re looking for people of varying degrees of experience so all are welcome in our house.
- Humanity. We like people who are thoughtful, candid, and humble. It’s important in a “we’re not just saying it’s important because it sounds nice” way.
Tools we use that we hope you use too include:
One important note…we have a healthy remote work policy so you can be in Fiji or Forrest Park for all we care. We do have offices in New York and LA too though if you like to share oxygen with other people you work with occasionally.
And who the hell are we?
A 25-person interactive shop working with all manner of organizations (sports teams, beauty brands, magazines, non-profits, pharmaceutical companies, startups) helping to create and manage the full battery of digital media goodness (web, mobile, content, video and experiential activations to be specific). We believe passionate, talented people all working together smoothly yields awesome work that lets us come back and do it again tomorrow WITHOUT pulling 80-hour weeks.
If you are interested, please apply with a resume, a link or links to some of your work, your typical day rate and a note written by a human being (ostensibly you) to another human being (me at [email protected]) with the subject line “Serenity Now” to show that you’ve read this whole post.
I’m the Creative Director of this shop and potentially your future boss but definitely not an “HR professional” so I encourage you to write me as such. If you need to use a four letter word to effectively express a previous engagement or an appropriately inappropriate metaphor to describe your ideal work environment, I’ll take that over what you would think I typically “need to hear” in a job application. Be yourself. The truth is the easiest thing to remember and I don’t have time to weed through cover-letter-speak to find out who you really are. Just tell me.
Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you!
* I actually don’t like cotton candy. But I think I’m the only one.