Freelance Digital Designer (Remote) New York, NY /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and an office in New York City. We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. Past and current clients include L’Oreal Paris, Gap, SmartyPants Vitamins, Rowing Blazers, Barry’s, & ScottsMiracle-Gro.
We’re seeking multifaceted designers to collaborate with our team on e-commerce websites, web/mobile apps, brand identity systems, and any other interactive, marketing, and communication challenges that design can solve.
For Barrel, design is the process of thinking, planning, and imagining products that effectively solve problems for our clients. In addition to creating compelling visuals, our design team plays a key part in crafting intuitive user experiences through wireframing, mapping user flows and navigation, and developing micro-interactions.
Our design team is always evolving and eager to explore innovative solutions that’ll help our clients grow their business.
- Strong visual design aesthetic and conceptual thinking. Strong handle of layout, navigation, typography, colors, and image composition as applied to web and mobile experiences.
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team. As a designer, you will not only be expected to bring your own creative ideas to the table but also flawlessly execute on the shared project vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when talking about design and collaborating with other team members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to self-manage and prioritize tasks to ensure work is delivered on time. On site work is not required.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Advertising, Graphic Design or similar discipline
- 3+ years digital design experience; agency experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of industry tools and understanding of designing intuitive and responsive user experiences.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite and Sketch. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS is preferred but not required (our designers are not expected to build websites).
- Experience with Figma is a requirement.
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.