FP&A Finance Manager, R&D United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The FP&A team is seeking a FP&A Finance Manager to join a small, but mighty FP&A team and be a strategic business partner for our R&D (Engineering, Support, Product Management, Community) department.
Please note this is a distributed role and can work from anywhere in the USA.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will help to ensure our growing R&D team is making informed decisions about how to staff and help grow our business.
You will collaborate with various leaders in the R&D department, your FP&A teammates, recruiting, HR, accounting, and more to get data, determine data accuracy now and in the future, navigate the shifts inherent in a high-growth company, and create data models and insights for discussion.
In addition, you will:
- Help with cost management
- Create forecasts and rolling re-assessments
- Collaborate with your FP&A teammates in overarching business intelligence
- Create ad hoc reporting needs for various company stakeholders
What You Bring Along:
Do you have 4+ years of professional experience in financial planning and analysis that you'd like to build on and apply to a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment?
Is some of that experience partnering with a technology customer support organization (mandatory)?
Do you receive joy from getting to the bottom of data, determining variances, and thinking through financial implications of decisions?
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- Extremely high proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience with Netsuite, Adaptive, and Workday (nice-to-have)
- Remarkable analytical skills
- The ability to simplify complex information
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Dedicated problem solving skills
- Presentation abilities and the desire to grow these
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1427527