Finance Manager (EMEA)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and responsible for one other team member, we’re looking for a passionate, hands-on individual to take ownership of a significant element of Hotjar’s financial reporting and operations. You will manage the accounting processes and controls, timely and accurate monthly and annual reporting and reconciliations, tax returns, payroll, accounting for employee perks and much much more!
Hotjar is a fast-growing company and the role will evolve as the company grows - you should excel in this environment and the opportunity it brings to make your mark.
- Manage the monthly close process (journals, reconciliations, revenue recognition)
- Prepare the annual financial statements and be one of the principal points of contact for external auditors
- Lead a small team (1-2 people) within an open and inclusive environment, with involvement in the hiring process for recruiting the 2nd team member at a later date
- Prepare VAT/MOSS/International Tax Submissions
- Oversee payments to team members and vendors
- Manage cash flow and cash movement between accounts and currencies
- Work closely with other Hotjar teams to resolve both internal and customer queries on billing and tax-related matters
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- Responsible for the monthly close and management reporting processes for a €10-50m business with subsidiaries in multiple countries
- Experience dealing with tax agents or authorities (e.g. registering for VAT and ongoing submissions of returns)
- Experience of solving problems in a practical way
- Initiative to build processes and reports from multiple different systems
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €70,000 to €95,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Vacancy page : https://careers.hotjar.com/o/finance-manager-emea