Finance Director United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director to be a leader in Twilio’s critical R&D Finance team. This high-visibility role gives you a platform to drive investment intensity and growth across the Company portfolio. As the Director, Product Finance, your ability to build a deep business partnership with the product leaders, to clearly communicate the current state of the business and to develop product and engineering strategy in partnership with Product Leaders, including the Chief Engineer and Chief Product Officer will determine your success.
You will lead a team of talented finance professionals and manage R&D finance initiatives in partnership with product managers, product marketers, sales leadership, product operations and the rest of Twilio’s Finance team. You will help to build and evaluate strategic product decisions for the business, driving cost competitiveness as well as investment strategies. More tactically, you will be responsible for overseeing the short and long range planning, target setting and evaluating investment opportunities for one of our core business lines. Reporting to the VP of Finance, Product & Engineering you will have a significant impact on how Twilio analyzes portfolio performance and makes investment decisions across the R&D organization.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and thrives when working with business partners across the company. This is a highly visible role, and the successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in strategic finance and analytics. We seek someone who:
- 8+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Tech / SaaS Product Finance, FP&A or technology investing (VC/PE/fund).
- Strong communication; experience presenting to C-level and Senior Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix environment
- Exceptional analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable models and processes
- Experience navigating operational complexity across multiple product lines and synthesizing financial insights into relevant actionable items
- Demonstrated track of record in product revenue forecasting, margin analysis, and pricing exposure
- Fluent understanding of Product P&L dynamics, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics
As the FP&A Director, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Refine and manage overall portfolio financial forecasting and performance, product revenue models, margin mix, key financial metrics (growth rate, ARPU, churn, margin profiles) to synthesize and report key business insights. Translate strategy behind new product launches into comprehensive financial models and outcomes for revenue, margin and operating investment levels
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Serve as the right-hand person to the R&D leadership, by translating analysis into recommended action plans
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead a team of talented Senior Financial Analysts and or Managers dedicated to specific product lines. Partner with Product GMs, Engineering Leaders and Operations to drive solid operating cadence and financial discipline across all Business Units
- DRAW THE OWL: Partner with Product Management on pricing and overall economics for new products, features or bundles
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings and progress to key stakeholders. Be a representative / voice of Finance to management.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. The R&D Finance team is critical to provide visibility on individual product performance and to drive investment intensity and growth across the portfolio. The Director, Product Finance is a critical role that will further enable the Senior Leadership and C-level to make educated investment decisions. We need a leader who is passionate about product economics and eager to expose important trends that will help shape Twilio’s future direction.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2369267