Field Solutions Engineer - Central Remote - US / Canada
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for experienced Solutions Engineers in the Central and Southeast US to provide pre- and post-sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base. A Solutions Engineer is responsible for the technical relationships with customers and prospects and works internally with sales and product development to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, our front-line technical support team, and other functional departments within the company.
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, you might be a fit for this role!
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to product features
- Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales and field services to encourage product adoption
- Providing live demonstrations of GitHub Enterprise to prospective customers
- Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
- Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Building relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site, and serving as a customer's technical point of contact
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage
- Learning about customers' successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and the Source Control Management (SCM) industry
- Deliver product demonstrations, sales presentations, and lead clients through proof of technology
- Enable partner sales and technical resources on basic GitHub functionality
- Identify and progress opportunities with local partners and GitHub Enterprise Sales team
- Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge-bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- Perform lunch and learns, onsite developer hackathons, and other technical marketing activities
- Represent GitHub at local user community events
- Partner with Marketing to enable and support partners on all partner readiness for various campaigns, events and collateral.
- Identify the need for new partner content and work with cross-functional teams to create those assets.
- Keep internal and partner facing areas up-to-date with the most current information.
- 3+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, or system integration project management for enterprise accounts; customer-facing experience is a must
- Ability to travel at least 40% (throughout the US and Latin America
- Bilingual Spanish
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of Latin American market and largest enterprises buyers in Brazil
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com workflows
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and source code management
- Ability to become deeply fluent in Git and GitHub technology
- 5+ years of channel enablement expertise with at least 3 to 4 years working with channels and sales
- At least 4 years of software industry experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Spanish Language expertise
- Knowledge or experience using GitHub
- Previous Software development, Engineering, and/or Technical Support experience
- Passionate about software, technology and business
- Excellent communication skills (both written and through speech)
- Ability to influence people
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1910226