Field Marketing Manager (NW/North Central) Remote, Americas
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a Field Marketing Manager focused on NW/N Central, you will be responsible for all regional marketing supporting sales in this region. A successful Field Marketing Manager has substantial understanding of sales-focused marketing as well as our audiences of enterprise IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. In this role, you'll own regional marketing programs, proactive communication, and you'll ultimately deliver memorable marketing experiences that support our sales goals. You can read more about our Field Marketing program here.
Because this role is focused on NW/N Central, the ideal candidate will be located in this region within the US. The NW/N Central region includes the states of Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
What you'll do in this role
- Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the needs of a regional sales team.
- Create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities through regional and account-focused marketing execution and managing marketing campaigns that promote our products and/or services, within marketing defined strategy.
- Support Channel and Alliance Marketing activities with GitLab partners from approval of campaign through execution as required.
- Be an advocate for the sales region you support and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales team you support understand the marketing department's priorities.
- Swag management for sponsored events, GitLab owned events, and in support of the sales department.
- Decision making and discretion regarding event and campaign selection and planning in support of regional sales goals.
- Regional event and campaign strategy, decision making, and onsite management.
- Event logistics in support of the team. From helping to book space for meetings to making sure the booth is staffed, and making sure every aspect of our events are well organized.
- Ensure all events and marketing campaigns are delivered on time and within budget, measure and report on their effectiveness.
- Follow the GitLab process, project managing all campaigns from beginning to end ensuring they meet the target objectives.
We're looking for
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- Exemplary communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A passion and substantial understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy. If employed by GitLab Federal, LLC, team members need to also comply with the applicable vaccination policies.
- Ability to learn and use GitLab.
Key Performance Indicators
- 10X spend contribution to sales pipeline for region responsible for.
- Contribution to the outlined FMM ORKs, in alignment with the Marketing ORKs.
- Field Marketing plans completed in alignment with planning schedule.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. After completing a preliminary screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $72,800 - $132,600 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
- Spending of the regional Field Marketing budget within 5% variance.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6334880002