Field Marketing Manager (Japan) Worldwide
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Field Marketing Manager position is responsible for all regional marketing supporting sales in their specific region. In this role, you will support our growing Japan region.
A successful Field Marketing Manager has substantial understanding of sales-focused marketing, as well as our audiences of enterprise IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. They enjoy taking charge of regional marketing programs, detailed planning, proactive communication, and flawlessly delivering memorable marketing experiences that support our sales goals.
What you'll do in this role
- Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the needs of the Japan sales team.
- Create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities through regional and account-focused marketing execution and managing marketing campaigns that promote our products and/or services, within marketing defined strategy.
- Support Channel and Alliance Marketing activities with GitLab partners from approval of campaign through execution as required.
- Be an advocate for the sales region you support and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales team you support understand the marketing department's priorities.
- Decision making and discretion regarding event and campaign selection and planning in support of regional sales goals.
- Regional event and campaign strategy, decision making, and onsite management.
- Ensure all events and marketing campaigns are delivered on time and within budget, measure and report on their effectiveness.
- Following the GitLab process, project managing all campaigns from beginning to end ensuring they meet the target objectives.
We're looking for
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing to Japan markets.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Fluent in Japanese.
- Exemplary communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A passion and substantial understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Key Performance Indicators
- 10X spend contribution to sales pipeline for region responsible for.
- 100% SAO contribution in alignment to the FY SAO goals. Linked in the FMM handbook.
- Field Marketing plans completed in alignment with planning schedule.
- Spending of the regional Field Marketing budget within 5% variance.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5477112002