Field Code Scanning Architect - CodeQL Remote - US / Canada
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together.
We're looking for experienced, technical-minded professionals who want to work in partnership with senior engineers and technical teams at our most strategic customers, focused on accelerating and growing their success with GitHub Advanced Security’s Code Scanning capability, specifically with CodeQL, our semantic code analysis language that lets you query code as though it were data. This role will be our customer-facing expert within the Americas for this technology and customer partnership. You’ll gain a deep understanding of the language and it’s capabilities, help customers understand the value in pre-sales environments and provide hands on consultation to demonstrate value and resolve gaps in the capabilities.
The ideal candidate shows a passion to master GitHub’s CodeQL technology, modern application development, and how security vulnerabilities occur in applications today. This candidate is self-driven to develop CodeQL skills to enhance GitHub Advanced Security’s static code analysis queries to empower customers to find solutions to their problems. In addition, they develop solutions for frequent customer problems, before those problems are fully understood and addressed by the engineering team. This candidate will also be able to relate their own experience to communicate not only the capabilities that GitHub’s products and ecosystem can provide, but to ensure our customer’s success.
Field Architects are recognized as senior subject matter experts, in part by their activity in supporting customers where they are (including via industry groups, technical committees, and research opportunities), and by using their ability to synthesize customer experience to provide an industry lens in public presentations and writing. They support a variety of diverse internal teams, including sales professionals, product management, engineering, and marketing in efforts that ensure that GitHub, and our customers, are successful, together.
We're obsessed about our customers and the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people-oriented, you might be a fit for this role!
- Use CodeQL to perform Variant Analysis: develop and iterate on novel static analyses to find real vulnerabilities in our customers' code
- Refine and scale analyses so they can be run across 100s of codebases
- Develop Query Language skills to enhance GitHub’s CodeQL static code analysis engine
- Develop solutions for frequent customer problems, before those problems are fully understood and addressed by the engineering team
- Support a variety of diverse internal teams, including sales professionals, product management, engineering, and marketing in efforts that ensure that GitHub, and our customers, are successful, together.
- Based in North America and able to work across time zones
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Customer facing experience, presentation skills or experience in technical consulting
- Team-oriented with a desire to help others, and to collaborate with both customers and GitHub team members
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A strong foundation in Computer Science (BSc, MSc, PhD or equivalent practical experience).
- Knowledge of various build tools (Gradle, Maven, Make, …), Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, …). Ability to fix broken builds.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and related tools
- Specific knowledge about application security processes, static analysis testing, and security principles
- Knowledge of common security flaws such as cross-site scripting, ability to explain them and familiarity with best practices to avoid them
- A growth mentality, and a passion for discovering new technologies
- Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others.
- Passionate about software, technology and business
- 1+ years of experience in Embedded systems
- Understand the value of DevSecOps processes
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Query languages; query optimisation; code generation.
- In-depth experience of performing methods such as static analysis; dynamic analysis; control flow; data flow and information flow; security analysis; program transformation; taint analysis; taint tracking.
- Experience with logic programming and declarative programming languages and techniques (e.g. Prolog, Datalog, Haskell, ML).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3067287