Experiment Engineer Worldwide
- Engages as a technical consultant, providing web development expertise and insights, on internal and client-facing video calls.
- Communicates thoroughly and sets clear expectations with Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and clients.
- Offers ideas and provides feedback to help grow and scale Cro Metrics as a business.
Qualifications & Experience:
This is a high communication role, and while no specific experience is required, you must be capable of learning new technical concepts quickly, regularly, and be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Critical thinking — You can analyze a problem, craft a solution, and love iterating on your own processes. Every experiment is unique and has a different set of challenges so we often find ourselves in uncharted waters.
- Attention to detail — You have high attention to visual detail, can interpret specifications, can communicate detailed instructions, and leave no edge case unattended.
- Updates internal documentation to help ensure site caveats and learnings are available and disseminated to peers.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, calendars, spreadsheets, etc).
- Experience with A/B/n tests or with leading testing platforms such as Optimizely, Convert, VWO, etc.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Slack, and Zoom.
- Has worked in professionally in eCommerce or web-development, especially modern frameworks (Shopify, WordPress, etc.) and libraries (React, Angular, etc).
- Computer Science degree or professional experience in back-end development.
- Experience working fully remotely.
- Knowledge of User Experience concepts.
- Knowledge of Agile concepts.
- Agency experience.
Our Hiring Process
We’re glad you’re interested in working with us. We have a fairly unusual hiring process, but it has proven to work well both for us and for potential new hires. We have found that demonstrating basic competency is the best predictor of initial qualification for working with us, followed by actual work.
Our process reflects that: below, we outline our values and how we work, and then ask you to complete a small task. Assuming we like your response, we will hire you for a “paid interview” where you start working with us for a small number of hours each week. If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal!
If you have questions as you go through this, make notes and if we haven’t answered them by the end, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 100% remote, continue to work from where you are based
- Health insurance reimbursement allowance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match (subject to a 3 month waiting period)
- Professional gear (e.g. MacBook, monitor, and noise-canceling headset)
- Annual All Hands trips
- Paid Parental Leave
- Liberal vacation policy
- Access to group performance coaching sessions
- Remote has always been our thing. We’ve been fully remote since 2010, so unlike companies that have been remote since March of 2020, we designed our company and culture behind the principles of high-performing remote teams. We’ve always believed remote is the future of work, and much like the experimentation we do, have iterated a lot along the way in a persistent effort to get it right.
- We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country. Daytime availability is required for syncing with the team via Slack or Zoom, but Experiment Engineers enjoy all the flexibility remote working has to offer. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through both synchronous and asynchronous communications.
- We value elegant code as much as you do, but we move fast. We’re writing code that runs on top of existing websites. Some tests only run for a few days before disappearing (though some do so well they become a permanent part of the client’s site). There will be polling patterns and liberal use of !important.
- Again, we’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. This is not a simple “pull tickets and give sign off” gig. Successful applicants enjoy collaborating across teams, defining and clarifying needs, documenting processes, improving processes, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
- Email/Calendar: GSuite
- CRO Platforms: Optimizely, VWO, Google Optimize, Convert, AB Tasty
- IDE: Your choice. Most of our folks use VSCode.
- Messaging App: Slack
- Video Chat: Zoom
- Task Management: Jira
- Documentation: Confluence
- Code Repository: GitHub
- Time Tracking Software: Harvest
- Design Prototyping Software: Figma
Compensation: $60-$95k plus benefits. (Most offers fall within the middle of the range.)
At Cro Metrics, our goal is to create a remote environment which celebrates the differences that make us, us. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable space, but we realize we don’t always get it right. We’re continually working together to create mutual respect and opportunities to learn from one another and we encourage people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply.
We’re looking for team members located in the U.S. regardless of race, ethnicity, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, veteran status, citizenship status, gender, gender-identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information and any other protected or unprotected class we may have missed. (BONUS: Did we miss anyone? Let us know and we’ll add it here.)
Vacancy page : https://crometrics.com/careers/ab-test-engineer-job/