Executive Briefing/Customer Briefing Technologist Remote - US (Seattle, WA)
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. GitHub is at an exciting growth phase and we're looking for someone to join the Market Development and Executive Briefing team that can be the face of GitHub to senior business and technical executives at Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies around the world.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp technical and business mind, extraordinary presentation and facilitation skills and a proven ability to strategize around the delivery of content to senior executives that can drive commercial and partnership opportunities forward. The candidate will also have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, competitive advantages and fully aware of major trends in Software Development.
In this role, you will be the face of GitHub to senior executives at the Executive Briefing Center in Redmond, WA. There will also be occasional travel to GitHub HQ in San Francisco, CA and other locations globally. You will work with the Microsoft and GitHub account teams to identify the right content and messaging for senior executives at key accounts and then deliver that content in a compelling fashion. You will also be responsible for establishing relationships across the Executive Briefing teams at Microsoft to drive the volume of briefings that GitHub is a part of. This role works closely with product, engineering, marketing and regional sales stakeholders within GitHub.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Market Development at GitHub and would require someone in the Greater Seattle Area.
- Facilitate and present at all GitHub Executive Briefings in the Redmond Executive Briefing Center and potentially at other locations globally
Work closely with account teams at GitHub and Microsoft to create a compelling agenda and content for sessions that can be used to drive commercial outcomes forward
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders within GitHub’s Product, Engineering and Marketing functions to continuously develop content and ideas for new content for EBCs
- Build product demos in conjunction with GitHub’s Product and Engineering teams and deliver them to customer organizations
- Create a strategic action plan in conjunction with the GitHub and Microsoft account teams to drive next steps forward after each briefing
- Document customer and prospect feedback from each executive briefing and create summaries for GitHub’s Product, Engineering and Leadership teams
- Develop relationships with leaders at the MSFT Executive Briefing Center to educate and encourage additional GitHub participation in executive briefings
- Provide industry trends and customer feedback on our product offerings back to GitHub’s Product Management leadership team.
- 10-15+ years of experience in an executive-facing sales, consulting or facilitation roles
- 5+ years of Customer Briefing Program experience in a presenter/facilitator role or in a similar strategy role
- Significant knowledge and experience within the software development industry
- Strong understanding of open source, Git and GitHub workflows
- Ability to have a technical conversation around the DevOps workflow including Planning, source control, CI/CD and deployment to cloud
- Demonstrated success in driving commercial outcomes forward either in a sales or sales-adjacent role
- Exceptional organizational skills; this role requires orchestrating diverse stakeholders and a critical attention to deadlines and timing
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Conversational skills - Being able to initiate and steer conversations is a huge part of the job.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating and refining content, presentations and demos for target audiences
- Collaborative and team oriented with an interest in working for a fast-paced organization like GitHub
- Domestic and International travel (20-25%)
- Broad knowledge of the software development industry and workflows
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1857935