Events Wrangler Wordwide
We are looking for someone that’s passionate about executing sponsorships and engagement activities at conferences, trade shows, workshops, hackathons, WordCamps, and other special events. As an Events Wrangler, you will be part of a small marketing team responsible for creating awareness, building relationships, driving business, and enhancing the user experience at events around the globe.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Manage a diverse calendar of events across a variety of audiences and geographic locations.
- Work with organizers to identify unique and engaging experiences with the target audience in mind.
- Create collateral and activations that support both brand awareness and product adoption.
- Execute all aspects of logistics — everything from organizing staff to building a booth to managing shipping and customs needs.
- Evaluate results for return on investment and use insights to develop growth opportunities.
This role requires:
- 5+ years of event marketing experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to juggle an array of tasks.
- Proven track record leading a scalable events program — from small internal meetings to large conference sponsorships.
- Deep understanding of marketing practices and evaluation.
- Experience managing a budget, working with vendors, negotiating packages, and reviewing contracts.
- A flexible schedule that allows global travel and occasional weekend work.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to each of the following question in your email application:
- In one sentence, how would you promote WordPress.com to someone who isn’t familiar with the product?
- What is the largest event or event sponsorship you’ve executed? What was involved? How did you measure its success? (If the largest event is your wedding or a family reunion, this most likely is not the right job fit.)
Vacancy page : https://automattic.com/work-with-us/events-wrangler/