EU Public Policy & Government Relations Specialist Remote UK, Remote Germany
At Mozilla our mission is to champion the value of the internet as a global public resource. To realize the Mozilla Manifesto we need global laws, policies, and a public interest agenda in support of (1) our open source products and technologies (2) consumer interests and (3) an open and diverse tech ecosystem. Do you like working on big-picture problems? Join us to influence the future of tech policy!
- Advance Mozilla's policy positions before UK, EU and national governments, lawmakers, regulators, civil society, academia and press.
- Partner with internal and external allies on competition, privacy, encryption, data, AI, platform accountability, connectivity, net neutrality, researcher access, and more.
- Publicly write, speak, and serve as a resource for influencers and policymakers across the government, nonprofit, and private sectors.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Mozilla Foundation, including the Advocacy team, on campaigns surrounding Internet Health issues.
- Represent Mozilla externally in publications, media, events, and regulatory settings.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience working in public policy and government relations.
- In-house experience at a multinational company.
- Substantial experience working with a wide range of policymaking and regulatory bodies.
- High fluency in internet policy and digital technology.
- Experience understanding and articulating the impact of technology on individuals and communities worldwide and driving effective solutions.
- Relevant pan-European experience across cultures, languages, histories, and perspectives
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Zoom
- Proficiency in 2+ languages
- Regional public policy experience beyond EU, UK and USA
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1960
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/4430743