ESG Manager Remote, US
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The ESG Manager reports to the Senior Director, ESG, and is responsible for contributing to GitLab’s sustainability programs, policies, and initiatives.
The ideal candidate has deep expertise in environment, social, and governance programs and disclosures. This individual can inspire and influence cross-functional teams and has a strong desire to make a positive impact.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role
- Participate in the development of the company’s ESG strategy and implements the strategy
- Contribute to the development and publication of ESG reports including collecting data, material metrics, and consolidating information requests
- Collect, manage, and submit content to key ESG rating firms and track score progress
- Collaborate with key internal teams on relevant data and target setting
- Advise on and develop ESG standards, principles, and policies
- Conduct benchmarking, follow trends, and provide best practices for ESG disclosures while identifying gaps and presenting solutions
- Develop and maintain tools and mechanisms to evaluate, track and report on progress against company ESG goals
We're looking for
- 3+ years’ experience in non-financial reporting, corporate social responsibility, ESG disciplines or sustainability
- Knowledge of key reporting frameworks including GRI, SASB, CDP, and TCFD
- Experience in managing ESG issues and disclosures, preferably in the tech industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills as well as creativity and resourcefulness
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Superior research and analytical skills
- Outstanding cross-functional partnership skills, with a confirmed ability to identify, initiate and lead efforts with both internal and external teams
- Embrace GitLab Values of Collaboration, Results, Efficiency, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, Iteration, and Transparency
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $87,400 - $131,000 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6381350002