Escalation Engineer - Mac United States
About the Role
The ideal Escalation Engineering candidate is passionate about technology and customers. A true problem solver, the Escalation Engineer will take personal ownership in seeing a problem through to resolution. You will understand IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. You will be comfortable speaking with security, engineering, sales, as well as customer operation teams. Candidates must have advanced technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the desire to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and interest in working in a fast paced, high growth, learning environment.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including development engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Work with all departments to facilitate issue resolution of cases escalated to Tier 3.
- Serve as internal point of contact on customer escalations and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, debug, and solve clients most challenging and critical technical needs and issues.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Responsible for reducing the number of escalations requiring engineering team engagement.
What You'll Need
- Expertise in the macOS environment troubleshooting and diagnosing low-level operating systems and network issues.
- Ability to develop diagnostic scripts and other customer-facing automation to help gather more targeted information relevant to failures.
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience diagnosing performance related issues on macOS.
- Ability to diagnose failures in running macOS systems, inspect logs to narrow down failures.
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Ability to work West Coast hours (9a-6p PT).
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience supporting macOS kernel level security solutions.
- Experience supporting security applications such as AV, VPN, Firewall, proxy.
- Experience with Splunk.
- Experience with RHEL/Centos, Ubuntu, SLES.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows and Linux
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/o8Uy9fwt