Enterprise Technical Architect Sales Remote, United Kingdom
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
This role will be the primary customer-facing architect within the Sales organization. As the lead Technical Architect, you will be helping Medidata’s prospects understand the value of the Medidata Clinical Cloud platform and how it provides differentiated business/clinical outcomes. In this role, you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor based on your in-depth technical knowledge and experience in delivering value to their business processes through technology. The Technical Architect will work closely with the Sales and Solution Consulting team as the primary technical specialist to drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. The Technical Architect will help define, and design high-value solutions given complex legacy landscapes. The successful candidate would be expected to work closely with Medidata product management to help drive innovation through their understanding of current and emerging technologies and customer requirements.
- Plan and lead customer activities to determine complete solutions that address customer needs across the platform
- Orchestrate and manage resources across the areas of expertise to deliver a consistent and effective implementation roadmap
- Translate solution needs into a compelling investment strategy
- Help define account strategy with sales teams based on an understanding of customers current and future technology landscapes
- Help to identify essential business needs and possible opportunities for improvement through the Medidata solution portfolio.
- Engage with the customer's executive management to gain insight into their corporate strategy and business drivers.
- Review/ensure proper opportunity qualification with sales.
- Review solution requirements scope and fit
- Discover technical requirements, map solutions and explain business impacts to Executives
- Collaborates with Solution Consulting team so that the business architecture is represented from a technical perspective and data flows are accurate
- Design/validate solution landscape that meets customer requirements
- Have an in-depth understanding of native cloud technologies and be able to conduct architectural discussions with cloud & enterprise architects
- Exposure and knowledge of established Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, FEA, Gartner Meta). Leveraging/practicing concepts more beneficial than certification alone.
- Stay current on new industry solutions and developments
- Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions differentiators
- Lead/deliver business workshops to discover and identify business requirements
- Able to knowledgeably discuss the following topics
- Platform Architecture
- Information Security, SSO Implementations
- Business Continuity Planning / Disaster Recovery
- Data Standards
- Data Flow / Integrations
- API Implementation / configuration
- Clinical Data Warehouses, data stores, data lakes
- Single Instance Multi-Tenant
- AWS including S3, Hadoop etc as well as Big Data Technologies
- Able to describe Clinical Data Repository / Enterprise Data Warehouse / Ingestion of 3d party data/ Outputs into multiple formats including SDTM
- Ability to articulate Medidata’s future vision for Big Data / Machine Learning / AI
- Assist in writing proposals and responses to RFPs / RFIs
- Experience of working with business leaders and helping Sales Consulting articulate the benefits of technology to both business and clinical leaders and technical leaders
- Understanding of Clinical processes and systems
- Proven ability to acquire domain expertise in other business areas and leveraging those in technical discussions
- Deep understanding of customer’s current operating environment and how the Medidata platform will integrate and complement their existing environment resulting in improved processes
Your Education & Experience:
- College degree preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/oiWedfwp