Enterprise Account Manager United States
Mediacurrent is a digital agency that specializes its focus and outstanding reputation in open-source software and Drupal. We have a proven track record of helping some of the most recognizable brands (The Weather Channel, WWE, Travelport), higher-ed institutions (Harvard, Louisiana State University, Georgia Tech) and non-profit organizations (Habitat for Humanity, CARE) in the world adopt and grow with an open-source based web strategy. We strongly believe in open-source principles, are consistently recognized as one of the top 10 most active contributors to Drupal in the world, and generated hundreds of thought provoking content assets and industry presentations. You will have an opportunity to challenge and stretch your mind on a daily basis.
We are a company founded on building a close knit company culture with a fully distributed/telecommute team. We have fun at team-building activities, an annual company retreat, conduct weekly knowledge shares, have a 9/80 flexible schedule option, lunch and learns and virtual/in-person coworking meetups.
At Mediacurrent we invest heavily in our team providing perks such a company match savings plan, continuing education reimbursement, and all the equipment you need to effectively do your job.
Description of Position
The Enterprise Account Manager must be proficient in understanding and managing customer needs and expectations. This person will provide strategic leadership, identify partnership opportunities, and serve as a key liaison with executive team members. This role will be solutions oriented and thrive on developing trusting relationships. This role will offer a deep perspective on open-source software, Drupal, and digital strategy. As a key point of contact, the Enterprise Account Manager will be responsible for supporting overall account management growth, assist in managing the staffing forecast, and develop strategies that align with the customer.
- Work with the Client Services team to maintain a consistent engagement strategy to track the success of the customer relationship (i.e. surveys, planning meetings, introduction of new open-source/Drupal features, etc.)
- Create and map out the organizational hierarchy within the customer.
- Assist project and customer success management team to ensure that solutions are delivered on time, within budget, and are profitable.
- Actively participate in the strategic development of new business by identifying opportunities that align with our service offerings.
- Assist Client Services with drafting statements of work (SOWs) for engagements outside of our master service agreement (MSA).
- Draft presentations that showcase and evangelize the Mediacurrent and open-source software value proposition.
- Help lead project post-mortems and assist Marketing with drafting case studies and thought leadership.
- Pro-actively research emerging technologies and present ideas that add business value to the customer.
- Attend industry events that the customer is associated with to better understand their challenges and business model.
- Actively nurture and track all referrals from assigned accounts.
- Keep abreast of corporate objectives, technology trends and cutting edge solutions Mediacurrent is providing in the Marketplace.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience of account management within a digital agency or technology-oriented company
- Experience building and presenting value around Professional Services, preferably in Digital Strategy and Web Content Management Systems
- Previous experience of managing or selling into enterprise customers
- Understanding of team utilization and project allocation
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Goal-oriented, ability to hold oneself accountable to daily/weekly/month objectives
- 4-year degree, preferably in Sales. Communications or Marketing related major
- Track record of providing outstanding customer service
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to quickly understand customer needs and map to Mediacurrent’s engagement types
- Excellent phone and writing skills and management of sales process
- Sense of entrepreneurship and desire to become a member of a dynamic team focused on constant growth and market leadership
- Proficiency with MS Office and presentation software
Valued knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in Drupal and/or other technologies that are applied to custom solutions and implementations
- Experience with Digital Strategy, Web Design and Development is a major plus.
- Knowledge of CRM and prospecting tools such as Salesforce.Com a plus
- Previous, demonstrable public speaking or writing experience (i.e. video of an industry presentation at a conference, blog post series, etc.)
- Previous sales methodology training (i.e. Sandler)
- Excellent customer references
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.