Enterprise Account Manager - East Remote - US Northeast
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for Enterprise Account Managers to work with our largest customers to build great relationships, help them to learn about GitHub and our products and facilitate the buying process. We care about customer success and customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages. We are looking for Enterprise Account Managers in all of GitHub’s geographical selling markets. The role will report to regional sales management.
- Strategic account planning. Develop plans and resource requirements to provide account management services to our installed customers to grow the account and secure ongoing renewable business. Analyze and measure account plans for customer and company success. Provide accurate forecasting for deals and quarterly revenue. Be the primary interface for our current customers.
- Risk management. Be able to identify risk and be decisive in ensuring it is managed.
- Network building. Be able to build a solid network at GitHub and inside customers to ensure success. Work with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales and professional services to bring the full weight of GitHub to help customers.
- Manage by influence. Be a consensus builder inside GitHub and at the customer to get to agreed outcomes.
- Understand GitHub products and solutions. Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub. Sell value and provide real ROI analysis with our products and services for prospects and new customers. Be able to work programmatically with prospects and new customers on a set of metrics to show them how to improve their business by properly using GitHub products and services.
- Effective communicator and presenter. Be able to present to small and large groups of customers strategic ideas, work off script and be able to answer questions and challenges in live settings with key customers and partners.
- Deal process, objection handling and driving momentum. Understand how to map prospect and buying processes, help new buyers navigate deals to close, identify deal stakeholders, mobilizers and blockers in order to drive deal momentum to close. Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- 5-10 years of successful enterprise software sales experience
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess customer needs
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interest in Git and GitHub
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- Consistent track record of aligning multiple resources to align with customer objectives
- Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- Willingness to travel approximately 40%.
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Selling subscription based licenses
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
- Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1926825