Enterprise Account Executive, DACH - remote, Germany/Switzerland Remote, Germany
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Enterprise Account Executive, DACH - remote, Germany/Switzerland
This most senior-level extends the role to include more responsibilities based on experience, expertise. coaching, mentoring and team influence.
- Enterprise Account Executive will report to an Area Sales Manager or Regional Director.
- Support GitLab for our strategic and large prospects.
- Contribute to root cause analysis on wins/losses.
- Communicate lessons learned to the team, including account managers, the marketing team, and the technical team.
- Take ownership of your book of business
- document the buying criteria
- document the buying process
- document next steps and owners
- ensure pipeline accuracy based on evidence and not hope
- Contribute to documenting improvements in our sales handbook.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities in large/strategic accounts
- Ensure the successful rollout and adoption of GitLab products through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas to our public issue tracker
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities
- Generate qualified leads and develop new customers in conjunction with our strategic channel partners in exceeding quota.
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Prepare activity and forecast reports as requested
- Update and maintain Sales’ database as appropriate
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical support staff
- Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with prospects.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- Able to provide high degree of major account management and control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects
- Proven success with B2B software sales
- Experience selling into large organizations
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator (written/verbal), strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
The Senior Enterprise Account Executive may have responsibility for larger or more strategic accounts.
- Has demonstrated effective relationship building with C-Level executives at Fortune 500 companies or local equivalents
- Has managed multiple accounts each with more than $1M in annual recurring spend
- Demonstrated progressive experience selling to Fortune 500 customers or local equivalents
- Proven track record of recently and repeatedly exceeding $1M+ IACV quotas for incremental subscription sales
- Demonstrated long-term partnerships with customers spanning multiple periods of growth
- Has consistently and effectively mentored team members
- Regularly uses data and prepares reports on the business to identify priorities
- Demonstrated history of providing consistently updated and accurate forecasts
- Demonstrated history of spending time on-site with customers to help them be successful with their product investment
- Collaborates exceedingly well with the other SAL’s to help others become successful
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5863572002