Engineering Manager United States
Decisiv is looking for an engineering manager whose passion is enabling the teams
s/he works with to focus on building software. Does the phrase "complete
ownership" make you smile? Are you a brilliant, detailed ticket writer? Do you take
joy in clarifying requirements and ensuring documentation is clear, up to date, and
Decisiv is a rapidly-growing industry leader in the asset management and service
supply chain marketplace. Our size means you’ll have major opportunities to expand
your skill-set and contribute in a big way to the future of our product. Accordingly,
our Engineering team is a group of self-starters, eager to produce quickly and solve
big problems for our customers. We’re agile, flexible, and autonomous, working
remotely via Slack, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and Zoom.
Your career growth and development is top-of-mind for us too. You’ll learn a lot here.
We truly believe that your success is our success. And while we will expect a lot from
you, we also value your life outside of work; recharging is important, and we strive to
offer an environment that reflects that.
● Translate high level requirements and user stories and mocks into detailed
● Work with product owners and partners to clarify requirements and obtain
necessary artifacts for technical functionality
● Facilitate Agile practice for multiple engineering teams
● Track and communicate project status to internal and external partners and
● Demo projects for internal and external partners
● Maintain confluence documentation for multiple engineering teams and
Desired Skills & Experience
● BA in Business Management (or related field) and a minimum of 2+ years
related experience managing working teams in a business setting.
● Or one of these:
○ Scrum Master certification and 2+years related experience managing
working teams in a business setting
○ 5+ years equivalent work experience.
● Extensive experience translating technical documentation into requirements
● Conversational familiarity with modern web application technologies, services,
● Extensive experience in Agile methodologies, and particularly Scrum
○ Sprint Planning
● Practical knowledge of:
○ Jira / Confluence
● Bonus points if you excel at the following
○ Detailed ticket writing
○ Google sheets
○ Performance management
Show Us What You’ve Got
If there’s a project you’ve worked on, a presentation you’ve given, or a doc that you
think really showcases your talents, we want to see it! Send it our way, and we’ll be
sure to look it over prior to your firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://www.decisiv.com/engineering-manager-0