Engineering Manager, Web SRE Remote US, Remote Canada
The Web SRE team is responsible for the infrastructure and applications that power some of Mozilla’s most visible websites and products. Your team will be working closely with engineering, product and marketing teams to build great Mozilla web properties.
As the Engineering Manager for Web SRE you will...
- Empower a hardworking team of Site Reliability Engineers to grow in their roles and align the team’s work with Mozilla’s needs.
- Lead engineering efforts across the full stack of many Mozilla web properties, including: network, cloud, OS, application code, and their end-to-end performance, reliability and cost.
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt.
- Drive improvements from operations back into development and vice versa.
- Measure, maintain, and report appropriate metrics across products to internal and external partners.
Your Professional Profile
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years SRE or DevOps experience, 2+ years SRE or DevOps leadership experience.
- Ability to accept direction and communicate effectively with multiple levels of management and technical expertise.
- Solid experience in cloud environments, specifically AWS or GCP.
- Configuration management, deployment automation, and monitoring experience.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3527517