Software Engineering Manager, Studio Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of an Engineering Manager to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You're a builder. A builder of products and a builder of teams. You get a kick out of building resilient organizations, delivering high quality software that is meaningful to people, and creating a highly collaborative culture that fosters creativity and innovation. Your best week was one in which you were on vacation. Not because you don't love your job (you do!), but because you built an organization that you know thrived while you were out. We believe deeply in the leader-leader model in which our leaders move forward with purpose and intent rather than seeking permission.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage a team of 5-7 engineers
- You will work with stakeholders from across the organization, from Product managers to Executives
- Mentor and help engineers to plan and execute their career paths
- Seek out and listen to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed
- Collaborate across the business to understand user needs, prioritizing new features, and communicating product roll-outs in partnership with your Product Manager
- Iterate on your product and own its quality and impact to our customers, making key investments and improvements with your product and design partners
- Maintain focus on operational excellence and on running the team’s services in production
- Set context with the team so they are empowered and equipped to make great business- and Engineering-informed decisions
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team (or teams) of Engineers
- A servant leader approach to leadership — we serve our teams, not the other way around
- Passion for creating and mentoring engineering teams; you enjoy watching engineers learn and thrive in their careers
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box, you approach problem spaces from many angles
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative nature, with willingness and desire to work across multiple teams and departments; you can take all concerned parties into consideration and craft solutions which are win-win for everyone
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding environment
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1336840