Engineering Manager, Scalability:Projections Remote, Americas
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Engineering Manager, Scalability:Projections directly manages an engineering team that is responsible for GitLab.com at scale. The team is responsible for the processes and systems that support the Error Budget and Capacity Planning activities for GitLab.com. Our focus is on using data to understand system growth and sharing this information with the development engineers that are responsible for building GitLab.
The Scalability Group mandate is described in this handbook page. This page of the handbook offers more specifics on the Projections team that consists of both Backend Engineers and Site Reliability Engineers.
This role reports into the Senior Engineering Manager for the Scalability Group.
- Support an incredible team that lives our values
- Perform hiring activities as needed
- Improve the efficiency of the team with a focus on results
- Hold regular 1:1's with team members
- Drive scalability initiatives of GitLab and GitLab.com and represent these activities outside of the Infrastructure department
- Cross-department project management
- Ownership of capacity planning and error budgets
- 2+ years managing software engineering teams
- Strong technical background
- Demonstrated teamwork in a peak performance organization
- Experience running a consumer scale platform
- Product company experience
- Enterprise software company experience
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Exquisite communication skills
- Remote work experience
You can read more about leadership at GitLab here: Leadership at GitLab
- Online community participation
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
- Experience with capacity projections technology or metrics and observability tooling
- Experience with resource costing or cost data management
Learn more about the Engineering Management - Infrastructure roles, including compensation at the engineering management - infrastructure page.
Learn more about the team, including the team vision, key metrics, etc., in the team handbook.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $142,800 - $260,100 for Colorado residents and $142,800 - $290,700 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5686649002