Senior Engineering Manager, SRE Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of an Engineering Manager in our SRE team to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The SRE team is a mission-critical team responsible for the complex AWS and kubernetes infrastructure supporting all of our current products, workloads, and users. The team constantly works to improve reliability, manage costs, keep our infrastructure secure, and make daily life better for our engineers.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced SRE or Infrastructure manager with excellent leadership, communication, and organization skills. Someone who understands AWS pricing and costs (at least as is reasonable for a human) and who can build and execute plans to manage spend at the same time as improving efficiency and reliability. We are looking for someone who has managed larger scale infrastructure and drove best practices and processes for their team.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage a team of 4-5 SREs
- You will work with stakeholders from across the organization, from Engineers to Executives
- Mentor and help engineers to plan and execute their career paths, providing opportunities for growth
- Seek out and listen to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed
- Reduce team toil work by investing in system and process improvements
- Build sustainable processes that guide the team and set our systems up for long-term success
- Ensure our infrastructure remains secure and scalable
- Maintain focus on operational excellence
- Set context with the team so they are empowered and equipped to make great business- and Engineering-informed decisions
What you’ll bring:
- Experience managing a team of SRE or Infrastructure Engineers
- Experience managing AWS budgets and tracking spend
- Experience owning processes around certificate lifecycle management, system security including patching and maintenance, and infrastructure and kubernetes automation
- Experience shipping solutions in a fast-paced and large scale environment
- Passion for creating and mentoring engineering teams; you enjoy watching engineers learn and thrive in their careers
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding environment
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1941372