Engineering Manager - Platform Automation Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of an Engineering Manager to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Platform Automation team is responsible for the tools and user interfaces that our engineering teams use to get their jobs done on a daily basis. The team applies a product-centric approach to building and owning interfaces ranging from React-based web applications to chat bots to HTTP APIs.
Our ideal candidate is a product-minded technical leader with excellent communication and organizational skills. Someone who will seek out what our customers need, prioritize and build MVPs, and iterate on solutions. This person has experience working on Platform or Infrastructure teams and joins their experience with our customer’s needs to build what’s most effective and needed, frequently helping our customers better understand what’s possible.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage a team of 4-5 engineers
- You will work with stakeholders from across the organization, from Engineers to Executives
- Mentor and help engineers to plan and execute their career paths while also jumping into the code if needed
- Seek out and listen to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed
- Collaborate across Platform to understand user needs, effectively prioritizing automation/toil-reduction work against new features
- Iterate on your product and own its quality and impact to our customers, making key investments and improvements, evaluating and making buy vs. build decisions, and leveraging agile processes to increase predictability of team delivery
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team of Engineers
- Experience working closely with Platform or Infrastructure Engineering teams in a moderate-to-large sized organization, and an understanding of the needs engineers have in order to move faster and with more autonomy and ownership
- Experience shipping products and solutions in a fast-paced and large scale environment
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1941372