Engineering Manager, Firefox Services Remote US, Remote Canada
At Mozilla, one of our four commitments is to build “...an internet that includes all the people of the earth - where a person’s demographic characteristics do not determine their online access, opportunities, or quality of experience." Mozilla makes space for our employees, partners, and the broader community to bring their vast experiences to our mission - to improve the internet. Being inclusive and transparent for the betterment of humankind is part of our core values.
Working at Mozilla means joining a community who cares deeply about our values and delivering the fastest, friendliest, most usable browsers for desktop and mobile devices.
Would you like to help Firefox maintain its place as the trusted guide to a joyful internet? Firefox Search Services display relevant information to users as they navigate the web. We are looking for an engineering leader to grow a healthy engineering team. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with your peers to enhance our already great culture!
What You Bring
- 6 years of overall software development experience, backend preferred, with at least 3 years directly managing engineers
- Experience shipping backend services at scale and guiding the engineers who build, deploy, and operate those services
- Writing skills that foster a culture of knowledge sharing and efficient, asynchronous decision making
- Leadership experience that enables you to resolve problems, manage risk, resolve ambiguity, lead change, and prioritize work alongside your product management partners
What You’ll Get To Do
- Grow an existing team to approximately 6-8 engineers that build services in support our Desktop and Mobile products
- Create an environment which engages and challenges your team, exposes them to new opportunities, and help them to grow their careers
- Set and communicate your team’s goals, and establish plans and schedules to attain them
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and support teams to implement our product strategy
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is on time, high quality, measurable, and maintainable
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1945
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/4346207