Engineering Manager, Cloud Efficiency Engineering Remote, APAC
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Engineering Manager, Cloud Efficiency Engineering leads programs and contributes to tools which directly increase the efficient use of cloud provider services.
The primary focus for this leader is establishing tools and practices which result in improved spend efficiency. Additionally, this role will also engage to ensure we continually improve our partnership with primary cloud providers through product engagement, training, and other collaborative efforts. This leader engages with our cloud providers to ensure that we are getting the most value out of their services.
This role collaborates most frequently with the SREs on their team as well as peer Engineering Managers in Infrastructure. Stable Counterparts for this Cloud Efficiency Engineering role include Finance Planning & Analysis, Product Managers, Development Engineering Managers, and the entire Cloud Service Provider team.
- Hire an incredible team that lives our values
- Maintain an environment where Team Members can thrive and the team produces Results
- Hold regular 1:1's with team members
- Manage agile projects
- Work across sections within engineering
- Improve the quality, security and performance of the product
- Work on small changes outside of the critical path
- Participate in either the Release Manager rotation OR the Incident Management on-call rotation to help ensure that the availability goals for GitLab.com are met.
- Specific knowledge and experience about AWS and GCP cost structures, methods, and discounting tools.
- Experience operating a program of activities which lead to improved cloud unit cost economics.
- Experience creating effective reporting for key counterparts in finance organizations.
- Effective third-party vendor communication and coordination skills along with experience driving initiatives among multiple providers.
- Relevant experience managing site reliability engineering teams
- Excellent technical background
- Demonstrated teamwork in a peak performance organization
- Experience running a consumer scale platform
- Product company experience
- Enterprise software company experience or startup experience
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Exquisite communication skills
- Ability to use GitLab
- Online community participation
- Remote work experience
- Startup experience
- Passion towards and/or significant open source contributions
The Manager, Infrastructure contributes to the success of Infrastructure Performance Indicators.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $142,800 - $260,100 for Colorado residents and $142,800 - $290,700 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6474897002