Engineering Manager - Application Security Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 97 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Engineering Manager of Application Security to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
As the manager of AppSec, you will be responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of our application security program. In this role serving as a technical reference for developers and represent the AppSec on various initiatives. You will collaborate with colleagues across a variety of cross-functional teams to architect and deliver projects securely. You will be leading a team where you will be defining process, setting policy and collaborating with peers across the Information Security organization and your work will have a direct, tangible impact on our ability to protect our confidential customer and internal data.
Constantly monitor and be aware of the latest key developments in the area of web applications, web services security and mobile internet security, relevant regulations and 3rd party requirements. Evaluate their impact on services both in production and under development.
Able to work in international and multi-cultural virtual teams, identify the needed/missing capabilities and contribute in application security training, awareness and competence development by creating and maintaining a security community at InVision.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and mentor staff development, growth and performance
- Ensure the team’s success in analyzing and discovering vulnerabilities in InVision’s web stack, iOS and Android applications
- Identify gaps in existing security architecture and recommend improvements
- Review and advise on the security design of new technology projectsImplement application security activities as part of a larger Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Play a key role in the buildout, socialization and success of a well defined application security program
- Lead the AppSec team in learning reviews following security incidents
- Contribute to developing, maintaining and improving security in our SDLC process
- Enhance internal secure code training and awareness
- Manage and facilitate business impact assessments, risk and threat analysis
- Manage security testing activities
- Manage and ensure the successful resolution of identified vulnerabilities
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of relevant application security management experience with web services and and/or development experience a strong plus
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and decision making skills
- 2+ years relevant experience management experience
- Fundamental understanding of web application architecture and cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, best practices, architectures, tools and processes
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1500985