Engineering Manager - 100% Remote - Canada Canada - Remote /
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Sonatype is committed to an inclusion for all workplace, we encourage all to apply. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype’s mission is to help organizations develop better software, faster with open source. We offer a series of products and services including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle Manager.
We are a fully remote and highly talented product development group and we work in small autonomous teams to create high-quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship and having an impact, Sonatype can deliver in all of these areas.
The Software Engineering Manager at Sonatype is a highly-technical and results-oriented individual, responsible for ensuring high performance of agile teams within a product line. She/he knows her/his teams and can engage at the appropriate level, adapting as needed. The Engineering Manager supports and leads the members and the operation of our agile teams in the Nexus Repository Manager product line. She/he supports the execution of initiatives, alignment of resources, and delivery of high-quality software products. This individual will help inspire, lead technical innovation, and overcome execution obstacles.
- Support software engineering teams in an Agile environment in pursuit of high team performance.
- Help plan and execute initiatives.
- Deliver in appropriate timeframes with high quality, while balancing business and technical priorities and constraints.
- Effectively set and manage expectations around team delivery.
- Partner with product stakeholders on roadmap planning, solution design, sizing, and estimation.
- Help define and manage processes for how people and systems should work together.
- Help recruit, onboard, mentor, and manage engineers.
- Work with engineers to grow their skills and ensure they have the right challenges.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as appropriate.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Experience serving in either an engineering manager role or team lead role.
- Significant experience working with teams in an Agile environment.
- Significant software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Ability to work and manage teams in a fully remote environment.
- Love developing and growing people.
- Highly organized with relevant technical project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or relevant work experience.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.