Engagement Manager - US East/Central (Remote position) United States
GitHub is seeking an Engagement Manager for our Professional Services Operations team. This position works closely with the Services Delivery Manager, Regional Directors and Services Engineers to provide excellent customer service to our external clients, as well as serving as liaison to internal teams. The Engagement Manager reports to the Professional Services Operations Manager. This is a remote position.
The Engagement Manager plays a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction through ensuring exceptional service from the beginning to the end of the Service Engagement lifecycle. The Engagement Manager is the liaison between the internal technical team members, globally, and the services sales organization with a heavy focus on capturing customer sentiment throughout the entire process. In addition, they are responsible for identifying and at times directly scheduling resources based on skill set, location, and customer need. The Engagement Manager supports the organization’s strategic, tactical, and customer facing functions in order to achieve corporate objectives. The Engagement Manager is focused on client satisfaction and peer acknowledgement metrics; they are also responsible for ongoing process improvement and operations flow specific to engagements so that we can maintain a scalable, repeatable, and good experience for both customer and internal teams tackling services delivery contracts.
- Collaborate with field services sales to seek to understand our customers needs so that Services Delivery can ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery
- Ensures client engagement issues are resolved in a fast and professional manner
- Manage customer communication specific to scheduling and sentiment
- Identify and scheduling resources for all Ala Carte Engagements in EMEA
- Identify resources in collaboration with Delivery Management for Premium Services and other long term engagements
- Attend customer kickoff calls and providing a recurring feedback loop to engage the customer in sentiment, customer satisfaction related surveys
- Works closely with operations teams on forecasting reporting, assignments, and process improvements
- Manage both internal and external surveys
- Help standardize and optimize the engagement process flow
- Contribute to weekly internal engagement reports that provide insights into weekly team accomplishments specific to customer engagements
- Primary point of contact for Services Delivery team when it comes to engagement questions regarding delivery expectations, customer, or sales
- Feedback any important client information to the Management team
- Originates actions to improve existing conditions, processes and communication
- Possess a deep knowledge of best practices when it comes to strategic delivery and customer satisfaction and applies them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects
- Work with operations to build solutions for scheduling, time tracking, and engagement visibility
- Work closely with RD’s to ensure the backlog continues to get scheduled
- Ensure sustainability and effectiveness when working with service delivery
- Be a secondary resource for financials and partner with accounts receivable team for customer billing
- Be a secondary resource for operations reporting
- Customer obsessed
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing role
- Good follow-up on action items and getting it done positive attitude
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and situations towards achievement of goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Solutions oriented with good problem solving skills
- Professional, flexible and hands on approach
- Results driven
- Attention to detail
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive and take initiative
- Team player
- Ability to work towards strict deadlines
- Experience working in a technology company in an operations or project management capacity
- Basic awareness of software development tool vocabulary
- Technical aptitude to learn basic Git and GitHub vocabulary
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $100,000 to maximum $150,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3704802