Email Design and Production Specialist Worldwide
Who is Litmus:
As a leader in email creation, testing, and analytics for more than a decade, Litmus has built a loyal following among email professionals worldwide. Our SaaS platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to achieve high levels of email personalization, engagement, and ROI. Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to help them confidently deliver a superior email experience, including 9 of the top 10 eCommerce brands, 8 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 tech companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
We’re looking for a talented designer to specialize in email marketing design. The ideal candidate has an understanding and appreciation of email design as a unique type of digital design. You’ll also have an impeccable attention to detail while acknowledging that pixel perfection isn’t always the objective of a high performing email design. In addition to email design, you’ll have additional opportunities to support ad-hoc email production and participate in the configuration and deployment of email campaigns in our ESPs. This role will report to our Email Marketing Manager.
What would I do at Litmus?
- Collaborate with our marketing and design teams to create innovative and forward-thinking designs that are well-composed, on-brand, and meet our marketing and communication objectives
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to envision how email campaigns fit into broader campaign objectives
- Translate email copy documents into email designs based on best practices and research
- Conceptualize and create sketches and mockups to present your ideas for consideration and gain approval
- Support the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive email style guide for all of Litmus’ emails—marketing, transactional, and operational
- Design for a variety of email applications and use cases, including ad-hoc email layouts; re-usable modular snippets and partials; WYSIWYG templates, and more
- Work with email team colleagues to ensure designs are mobile optimized and suitable for the email channel
- Create original graphics and creative assets optimized for email
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and trends in email design and share findings with the team. Use findings to ensure Litmus email designs are ahead of the curve
- Email campaign setup and deployment in our ESPs
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- A solid understanding of layout, typography, color, and other design principles as demonstrated in a design portfolio
- Strategic thinking, prioritization skills, troubleshooting, and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Knowledge of the key differences in email design when compared to web design, and understand what is possible
- Basic understanding of email marketing principles and best practices and how to apply that knowledge to design optimized email layouts, taking into consideration email rendering differences across email clients and devices
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Ability to create email-friendly animated GIFs is a plus
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Litmus is a plus
- Experience using Pardot, Campaign Monitor, or other ESPs is a plus
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Remote friendly culture. You'll benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- When it comes to email, we “practice what we preach.” You can breathe easy knowing that you’re part of an email team that honors the subscriber.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.