Electrical Engineer - Consumer Product Worldwide
Company: Demiurge Technologies AG
At Demiurge, your role will be designing low-cost PCBs to implement neural network algorithms for autonomous vehicle prototype platforms.
- Iterate the design of low-cost consumer electronics capable of multi-sensor and multi-actuator real-time interactions, conforming to marketing, engineering, and regulatory requirements, with sensitivity to cost and quality tradeoffs at 1M+ volumes.
- Maintain schematics, BOM, and layout in Altium Designer.
- Discover and resolve complex electrical problems and manufacturing issues (quality, cost, and yield, etc.), from early design stages to mass production.
- Ph.D or Masters in electrical engineering, or a related field; or advanced degree and equivalent industry experience.
- Proven state-of-the-art research and product experience in designing analog and digital circuits and building validation and verification infrastructure solving a variety of real-world sensing and actuation problems.
- Five or more years of experience in designing electronics towards taking a high volume consumer design to market.
- Three or more years of experience in mixed analog and digital design and layout experiences.
- Skilled in programming with Linux, C/C++ and scripting languages, real-time constraints, hardware interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C.) and RTOS (real-time operating systems).
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with Mentor DX designer schematic capture tool, Verilog, C/C++, MathLab/Simulink, System Verilog languages; Synopsis Synplify, Synopsis VCS, NCSim, ChipScope tool sets desired.
- Experience with top-tier projects developing level-4 autonomous vehicles with sophisticated arrays of sensors and actuators.
- Background in aerospace engineering, robotics, lidar perception, radar signal processing, machine vision, and/or audio processing
- One or more years of experiences with deep reinforcement learning.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
- Experience in a regulated, safety critical, or quality managed environment.
- Extensive experience as a contributor to large open-source frameworks.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.