Elasticsearch - Technical Writer Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We need a talented writer to join the Elasticsearch team and help our users understand how they can implement search-centric solutions. Elasticsearch is the distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine that lies at the heart of the Elastic Stack.
You know something about distributed systems, REST APIs, and application development. You can think like a user, dig in and understand how things work under the covers, and write clear, concise documentation. Your portfolio demonstrates your ability to target your audience and describe complex systems. You work hard to understand the products you write about so your readers don’t have to.
We care deeply about giving you ownership of what you’re working on. We believe Elastic achieves greatness when our employees are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers. You are empowered to comment on anything, regardless of your role within the company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Write about the new Elasticsearch features we're building, how to install and administer Elasticsearch, and how to use Elasticsearch APIs.
- Work with Elasticsearch engineers, product marketing, support, and the rest of the doc guild to improve our existing docs and help users succeed with the entire Elastic Stack.
- Review and edit documentation changes contributed by other Elasticians and the Elasticsearch open source community.
- Develop and test sample code.
- Collaborate with other content creators at Elastic from Marketing, Support, Education, and beyond to help us tell a consistent Elastic story.
What You Bring Along:
- Substantial experience writing for developers.
- A clear, concise writing style and the ability to tailor content to specific audiences.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Willingness to wear a variety of hats, a desire to learn new things, and the drive to figure things out.
- Familiarity with other complex enterprise software platforms and REST APIs.
- A track record of successfully working with multi-functional teams to deliver quality content.
- You've worked with Elasticsearch before and understand the limitations and advantages of distributed systems.
- Experience committing to an open source project.
- Working knowledge of Git and GitHub.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're ready to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1212482