At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
What is Elastic Code?
Elastic Code is a IDE-like semantic code search solution built on top of the Elastic Stack. It helps development teams to search, navigate and collaborate on large code bases more efficiently. Known previously as insight.io, the product has been used and loved by tens of thousands of developers and received 5 star review on chrome store. YOU will be a founding member of Elastic Code team and a shaper of the Elastic Code product.
What You'll be Doing:
- Join Elastic Code team to assure the quality of Code app in Elastic stack
- Work with the development team to plan the test cases for releases
- Report and verify bugs in a timely manner
- Ability to identify and research issues with our products
- Develop automated functional tests and stress tests
- Manage and improve our CI system on Jenkins
What You’ll Bring:
- You are experienced working in Git or other source code management systems
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You thrive in a team oriented environment with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- You love working with web technologies and related stack
- You are well versed in web services paradigms such as REST and protocols such as HTTP
- You have knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments and shell scripting
- Familiarity with various build systems such as NPM, Gradle, Maven, Ant etc.
- Experience in Docker
- Experienced in performance and load testing of web services
- Experience with Elastic Stack
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1541844