Education Evangelist (Contract) United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is searching for an Education Evangelist to join the TwilioQuest team. You’re joining a small interdisciplinary team of product, engineering and go-to-market, that is building an educational video game which teaches programming in a fun and engaging way.
As the Education Evangelist on the TwiloQuest team, you’ll be a key member of the go-to-market function, helping us to better understand the education landscape and build out partnerships with key organizations, as well as influencing the product roadmap to ensure that TwilioQuest is a valuable tool for educators around the world.
The person in this role will be the boots on the ground (and virtually, for now!) within the educator community. They will be responsible for growing our community of educators, identifying and managing partnership opportunities, attending events, and finding creative ways for TwilioQuest to become the tool every educator wants to use in their computer science classes.
This is an excellent opportunity to pave the way for TwilioQuest for Education to make teaching computer science fun, and to become a leading educational product in technology. Our big audacious goal is for every programming student to use TwilioQuest at some point in their journey, and as an Education Evangelist you can help us get there.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and is passionate about education, technology, and relationship building.
- Experience as an educator or in EdTech partnerships, preferably with an existing network of educators/educational institutions.
- Ability to identify partnership opportunities with key educational organizations in the United States.
- Demonstrated ability to organize events
- Strong verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal skills. Clearly able to communicate feedback and translate into product requests, write blog posts, and communicate with educator community.
- Proactively and creatively find ways for TwilioQuest for Education to be presented to educators.
As the Education Evangelist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop and test new ways for us to engage with educators.
- BE AN OWNER: Lay the groundwork of the program to support the future generation of developers who will learn with TwilioQuest.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work closely with the product team, collecting feedback from educators and influencing our roadmap
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document your work to facilitate collaboration with other teams within Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2316665