Editor, Content Marketing Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 35 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Content and Editorial team at Elastic is looking to add a new full-time member to its crew. The team is responsible for the company’s written style, tone, and personality across our website, social media, events, collateral, video, emails, and more.
We are key contributors to Elastic’s story and content. Our task is to communicate a variety of messages in a compelling and accurate way. This means grasping technical concepts, finding a larger storyline, and delivering work that we’re proud of.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Editing, lots of editing. Writing is definitely part of the role, but editing is your first love. You understand the different levels of review: you know how to dial it up to 11 with suggestions, keep it light with minimal track changes, and improve a piece’s overall structure
- Embrace and internalize Elastic’s writing style and helping others understand it through your editing so as to help everyone improve
- Review writing big and small: long-form stories, emails, talk abstracts, and landing pages mainly for our regional marketing, events, community, and demand generation teams
- Keep things fresh while working on different topics throughout the day — from editing the outline of security talk in the morning to writing a metrics-centric email to our customers after lunch
- Engage with the technical information at Elastic, understand the messaging, and confidently use it in your work
- Consistency of all kinds — copy, capitalization, font sizing, colors, bullet styles — give you a sense of peace
- Coordinate and collaborate across all marketing teams (events, demand generation, design, web, customer experience, etc.) to ensure proper alignment and communication
- Coordinate and connect with members across all lines of business: sales, solution architects, product managers, business development, engineers, etc. You’ll develop a pulse on the organization and the community
What You Will Bring:
- Sharp writing and editing skills tuned to creative writing and thinking
- The ability to think broadly about strategy while addressing the details
- Crackerjack organizational skills, the ability to manage your work and collaborate
- The ability to document the important bits of a discussion and share what you know and learn with others
- A hunger to do better and be better
- Developer empathy, a sense for business, and a drive for technical understanding and know-how
- The gumption to wrestle with a problem until a creative, thought-through solution is achieved
- A deep and abiding love for processing a lot of input, fishing out the interesting and relevant bits, and taking action to do something worthwhile
- The ability to work full time
- BA/BS or equivalent degree and 4+ years of experience
How to Apply
- Send us a resume and a note introducing yourself and your interest in Elastic.
- Additionally, write 250 words describing what you think Elastic does.
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the globe/region and we will consider candidates that are not residing in the locations listed below.
Target locations: Distributed - US
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1417155