Engineering Manager Remote US, Remote Canada
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We’re seeking an Engineering Manager to join us and help bring Mozilla’s vision for the web to life. Your team builds and maintains scalable, high availability systems that millions of people use every day. We’d like to find a leader who is passionate about building strong teams, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, and shipping quality software. Our services are open source and this role requires collaborating with both the open source community and other teams at Mozilla.
Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
What You'll Get To Do
- Lead a geographically distributed team of 4-6 software engineers building our Services platforms and ensuring smooth integrations with internal clients
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to employees regarding code quality, career development, community building, communication style, and work-life balance
- Communicate your team’s goals, the scope and risks of your projects, and be responsible for the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines
- Ensure the software your team delivers is on time, high quality, measurable, and maintainable
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
- Work collaboratively with many teams including product, design, UX, QA, operations, and data analysis
- Consider analytics and data when making decisions
- Report to a senior manager
What You Bring
- At least four years of experience writing code on a software team and at least one year of experience as a tech lead, team lead, or manager
- You have a desire to grow and learn as a manager, grow and develop others, and get results through others rather than personal technical proficiency
- You resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, facilitate collaborative decision-making, and delegate to team members with different skill sets from your own
- You communicate clearly and are able to develop positive relationships with others, regardless of their rank or role
- You are proficient with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution
Bonus points for
We value a variety of voices. You don't need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Experience with product, performance, and stability analytics
- Experience with building and running services in popular cloud infrastructure platforms, e.g., AWS, Azure, or GCP
- International and domestic payments experience
- Experience with high availability systems and websites
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3050315