Donor Care Assistant North America - Toronto Office, Remote Canada, Remote US
The Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online!
20 years ago, this meant building a browser and protecting the open web. Today, it also includes making sure AI and data driven technology is more trustworthy. In order to focus on places where Mozilla can impact the next era of our work, we are increasingly working on the topic of trustworthy AI. For us, this means especially two things: human agency is a core part of how AI is built and integrated, and corporate accountability is real and enforced.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Partnerships & Fundraising Team of the Mozilla Foundation. The Donor Care Assistant serves as the first point of contact for thousands of Mozilla and Thunderbird donors from around the world. With a deep commitment to excellent “customer-service,” the Donor Care Assistant will help our supporters with making donations and answering questions about our programs. You’ll get to work with people from around the globe, including communicating in different languages, handling different currencies, and appreciating different donation philosophies.
This position is full-time, with a non-traditional work schedule of Sunday-Thursday, 9a-6p ET, with a one-hour lunch. Our preference is for someone based in North America in the Eastern Time Zone. The role has evenly split duties between the Mozilla Foundation and Thunderbird and will report to Mozilla's Senior Coordinator, Donor Care.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with our San Francisco based Donor Care Assistant to accurately and promptly enter donor and donation information into Salesforce for donations received by mail.
- Assist with promptly and accurately producing acknowledgment letters, ideally ready to be sent within 48 hours of receipt and deposit.
- Support batch imports of donations data from checks and other donation platforms like PayPal Giving Fund, Network for Good, SEPA transactions, and more.
- Use transaction platforms including Braintree, Stripe and PayPal to locate and resolve donation issues, detect fraudulent donation patterns, refund or reject suspicious transactions, update donor records, and maintain block-lists of fraudulent donors.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Mozilla specific duties:
- Handle donor cases, including on the heels of fundraising appeals and the year-end fundraising campaign with a willingness to put in extra time based on volume.
- Supply the Major Gift Officer with promising major gift leads using independent judgment and research of donor history as appropriate.
- Assist in the creation and editing of training documentation related to the process of resolving donor issues.
- Provide occasional assistance with planning and organizing donor events or other fundraising-related tasks as needed
Thunderbird specific duties:
- Handle incoming Thunderbird donor cases through Salesforce Service Cloud, tracking frequently asked questions and issues, as well as assist with writing and editing standardized responses.
- Diligently follow up throughout the life of existing and intensified cases as well as confirm resolution of each case.
- Regularly monitor the give@thunderbird email inbox.
- Attend bi-weekly Thunderbird meetings to share any relevant information with the team.
- Run regular reports in Salesforce Service Cloud, and share analysis and overall temperature for donor issues with Thunderbird’s Community Manager.
We Are Excited To See:
- “Customer service” mentality and love the feeling of helping a customer or donor solve a problem
- Strive for excellence in your work - focus on a project until it’s complete
- Keen attention to detail, highly organized - proofread and triple check your work
- Strong written communication skills, demonstrating comprehension and compassion
- Recognize patterns and confidently alert team members to problems
- Adaptive to changes and open to continually making improvements
- Comfortable working remotely using video, chat, and voice with team members and donors located all over the world.
- Passionate about the our mission and how technology can help change the world for the better
- Use Thunderbird and are very familiar with the technical aspects and features of the software
Your Professional Profile:
- About 3 years of customer service or donor service experience (preferably in multiple languages and/or currencies) including solving payment problems, answering questions, and effective follow-up
- Proficiency in German is required. Some level of fluency in French is also preferable.
- 1-3 years experience working in Salesforce or similar fundraising database in a non-profit environment including impeccable data entry, data import, and report production skills. Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack experience is a huge plus!
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and/or Google docs and sheets.
- Proven analytical skills and adept at problem solving.
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary that takes into consideration the responsibilities and requirements of the role. The Mozilla Foundation aims to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each of the key countries in which we are looking to employ staff is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.
- Canada: $54,992 - $67,213 (mid-point: $61,103)
- US: $50,076 - $61,203 (mid-point: $55,640)
Depending on the successful candidate’s location, we may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with representative examples of salary ranges, along with mid-point, with the geographical differential applied:
- Toronto: $59,336 - $72,522 (mid-point: $ 65,929)
- New York: $55,483 - $67,813 (mid-point: $ 61,648)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Maternity and Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, value diversity, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3187171