Diversity & Inclusion Program Manager Remote Germany, Remote Canada, Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US, Canada and Germany for this position.
Mozilla is a mission driven organization pledging to a healthy internet. One of our four commitments is to build “...an internet that includes all the people of the earth - where a person’s demographic characteristics do not determine their online access, opportunities, or quality of experience.”
Mozilla seeks to build a work environment that values and makes space for our employees, partners, and the broader community to bring their vast experiences to our mission - to improve the internet. Being inclusive and transparent for the betterment of humankind is at the core of our values. Mozilla recognizes the profound value that diversity brings to the creation, reception, adoption and circulation of innovative products.
The Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Program Manager is a significant role - a highly collaborative role that will help craft and implement company-wide anti-racism, diversity, inclusion, and equity frameworks and support Mozilla in achieving this goal.
As the D&I Program Manager, you will play a meaningful role in leading, implementing, and executing our three pillar strategy:
- Who we are: our employee base and our communities;
- What we build: our outreach with our products; and
- What we do beyond products: Our broader engagement with the world.
Currently, Mozilla is in year 1 of this three pillar strategy. We see the role of the D&I Program Manager as someone who will be integral to implementing, evolving, and building on the three pillar strategy. In addition, we see the potential for the role of the D&I Program Manager growing into a core leadership position and running D&I on a long term basis.
- Plan, manage and coordinate D&I initiatives and efforts ensuring they align to the vision and expected outcomes, is high quality, and provide value
- Research D&I benchmarks and standard methodologies
- Partner with internal and external communications teams to build and deliver our D&I story internally and externally including our web presence and D&I disclosure
- Actively and consistently communicate our D&I strategy and action plan internally through status reporting, all company meetings, and small group sessions
- Lead Mozilla’s partnership, engagement, and programming with HBCUs and HSIs
- Partner with team members from all facets of the organization to deliver on impactful initiatives and cultural changes
- Identify global external influencers, organizations, and subject matter specialists that we can partner with in order to enhance and improve our anti-racism and D&I initiatives
- Establish, guide, and partner with internal employee resource groups (ERGs) to increase value and employee participation and improve external recruitment efforts
- Establish, guide, and partner with internal peer allies to encourage support channels for diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging acumen.
- Actively participate in organizations that promote and support diverse communities
- Lead monthly collection, assessment and measurement of Mozilla’s D&I initiatives
- Be responsible for the development and production of Mozilla’s annual diversity disclosure
- Foster a culture of inclusion and belonging at work
- Model, communicate and champion the Mozilla culture, which is welcoming to all
- Demonstrated dedication to the principles of inclusion, belonging, equity and diversity
- Demonstrated successful partnering with BIPOC communities and proven track record to work effectively and collegially with a diverse population
- Demonstrated track record of leading diversity and inclusion projects and programs with majority populated organizations
- Constant learner and curious innovator of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging subject areas
- Ability to take something roughly formed, create structure and produce results aligned with the vision and expected outcomes
- Highly organized, self-motivated, with the ability to be effective on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaborator and problem solver with high efficiency
Do you have a consistent track record of delivering cross-organizational projects? Are you at your best when you are collaborating with leaders with vision, while maintaining focus on outcomes and delivery commitments?
Do you know that your knowledge of things like racial classifications, ethnic groups, and different cultures and backgrounds is an asset? Are you able to integrate different voices and methodologies into all the projects you lead and support?
If you love being inclusive through written and spoken words and are energized by completing sophisticated projects that improve lives, this opportunity for you. We are looking for “a mind at work” to think beyond the confines of traditional models, generate insights, recognize opportunities and find new and better ways to do things.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including but not limited to women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2567145