Director, Tax Accounting and Compliance United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director, Tax Accounting and Compliance to oversee preparation and review of ASC 740 quarterly and year-end computations and SEC disclosures, and U.S. and state tax return reporting.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor with a demonstrated track record in tax issues and compliance. We seek someone with:
- 10+ years of U.S. income tax experience, some public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to manage Twilio tax team and external providers in the preparation of U.S. Federal and State income tax returns
- Ability to oversee preparation of ASC 740 tax provisions and related disclosures, including managing external auditor review and S-OX compliance. Strong ASC 740 provision experience preferred.
- Perform U.S. tax research and planning, including monitoring tax law changes and alerting management to developments which have a significant impact to the company.
- Maintain U.S. technical knowledge of income tax through internal and external resources
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
- Strong accounting and Excel skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
As Director, Tax Accounting and Compliance you will:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Manage external providers in the preparation of U.S. income tax provisions quarterly with the goal of transitioning to in-house preparation; assist in the review and filing of corporate U.S., state and local income tax returns prepared by our external tax advisors with the goal of transitioning to increased in-house preparation
- Ensure proper ASC 740 tax accounting and SEC disclosures
- Monitor developments in U.S., state and local income tax laws
- Assist with U.S. income tax audits.
- Reconciliation of the monthly income tax liabilities
- Ensure income/franchise tax compliance payments are made timely, manage tax calendar
- Report to the VP of Global Tax
- Provide technical tax input and documentation to business development, M&A, and other internal business partners. Assist with tax review of proposed M&A transactions to properly advise management of tax consequences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead the Domestic Tax team by managing deliverables, setting expectations, creating opportunities and developing goals for yourself and the overall team.
- BE AN OWNER: Provide domestic direct tax planning and research with respect to the company’s global business operations. Assist in planning and implementing domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, post-acquisition integrations, and legal entity rationalization.
- DRAW THE OWL: Manage multiple service providers and budgets to conduct and execute complex studies and analysis for purposes of minimizing tax exposure. Assist with driving business expansion and associated tax planning in partnership with indirect tax, legal, regulatory and other.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Act as a liaison between tax, accounting, business, legal, finance and other departments to assist with identifying and resolving issues associated with transactions and projects.
The Tax team is instrumental within the Finance team in ensuring that Twilio is making smart business decisions about our growth and compliance. They assist with implementation of strategy in entering new countries, selling structures, infrastructure operations, acquisition integration, and properly structuring cross border transactions both within Twilio and with third parties.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in any of our offices, or remote. No matter where you are, you will be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $160,896.00 - $221,232.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $150,840.00 - $207,405.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3095724