Director / Sr Director Product Management - Kibana Distributed, AMER or Western Europe
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
About The Role
Elasticsearch, the heart of the Elastic Stack, is an open source, distributed search engine based, highly scalable data store. A wide range of industry and government clients use it to solve real-time data analysis problems of all kinds.
Kibana is the query and visualization UI that we provide to help users understand and share their analysis with their colleagues and customers. But it’s more than that; Kibana is also the place to manage and monitor the Elastic Stack, and increasingly, is serving as the base on which we are building first-class solutions, including Application Performance Monitoring, Logging & Metrics, and more.
We are looking for a seasoned product leader to be responsible for ensuring that the hundreds of millions of users who download and use our products have a great experience in Kibana, whether they’re exploring, visualizing and sharing data, managing the Elastic Stack, or using one of our Kibana-based solutions. We are looking for a person who has helped define the vision and made critical decisions in the evolution of a big product and platform over multiple years and who has experience leading and growing a product management team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will work closely with Kibana Team and Tech leads to define and maintain a shared vision for the future of Kibana
- You will define and track product success KPIs
- You closely cooperate with downstream product and engineering teams at Elastic to ensure awareness and alignment of the priority and timing of critical features and changes.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing on go-to-market, messaging, and competitive analysis and enablement
- Gather market competitive and trend data, customer and community feedback and usage information to develop product insights
- Lead and grow a team of top-notch product managers
What you bring along
- You hold a BS degree in Computer Science or bring equivalent technical experience
- You bring a minimum of 10 years in Product Management, of which 5 have been spent leading product teams
- Product Management experience leading a data analytics or data platform product
- Experience with one or more of the common use-cases for the Elastic Stack, such as application search, logging, metrics, APM, business analytics, security analytics, GIS, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour
Experience/interest in some of these areas would be nice:
- Direct experience with the Elastic Stack
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed
- Good sense of user experience and design
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1571633