To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
As an engineering director, you will be responsible for the cloud infrastructure behind all of Mozilla’s services which includes both the enterprise and Firefox backend services and delivery systems. You will collaborate with senior leadership and the product engineering teams to provide technical strategy and vision for Mozilla’s cloud infrastructure. The position will require deep technical expertise coupled with the ability to lead in a very multifaceted and geographically dispersed environment. Creative problem-solving skills and a risk-taking demeanor will be key to success.
What you will do:
- Lead several teams responsible for cloud infrastructure for both the enterprise and product delivery
- Create and maintain a unified strategy for governance, automation, implementation and operations
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt
- Partner with the security and development teams to drive improvements across all areas
- Identify, measure, maintain, and report appropriate metrics across products to internal and external partners
What you will bring to the role:
- 5+ years of leading operations/engineering teams
- 3+ years of web service architecture and delivery experience
- 3+ years of cloud infrastructure management experience (AWS or GCP)
- An understanding of agile and lean development and management processes
- Ability to accept direction and communicate effectively to multiple levels of technical and management expertise
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1937