Director, Product Partnerships Remote US
Every day, hundreds of millions of people rely on Mozilla and our flagship browser, Firefox, to explore and develop for the Internet. Mozilla helps people to safely discover the world online while building new experiences on desktops, smartphones, tablets, in-home devices and even in virtual and augmented reality, all while respecting their privacy and agency. This is a time of opportunity and growth at Mozilla that is coinciding with a unique moment for the broader market. Are you inspired to tackle the enormous challenge of improving the user experience of the Internet? Are you comfortable challenging assumptions to advocate for better products and services? Mozilla’s brand promise and market position give rise to a number of new opportunities, and your role will be to help us find, evaluate, and support GTM execution.
About the role
Mozillas’ Business and Corporate Development team leads strategic and product partnerships, distribution, growth, exploration and investment activities. Our Product Partnerships group keeps a pulse on emerging technologies and pursues new revenue opportunities in close collaboration with product teams. We are seeking an outstanding Business Development professional to generate expansion and partnership recommendations for some of Mozilla’s early-stage products and technology explorations. An example is Hubs, an open-sourced AR/VR platform crafted for every headset and browser that enables communication in mixed reality to come to life. Other examples include our emerging suite of Privacy & Security products, such as VPN, Relay, Monitor and more. The Product Partnerships team also collaborates with our Innovation groups to plan next-generation and more speculative pursuits.
The leader will help small, cross-functional teams to develop strategies to optimize products, services and technologies while drafting go-to-market plans. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. Top candidates have experience seeing the big picture, conceptualizing what’s possible, and applying organized, linear thinking to helping partners and internal colleagues see it too. This role will require a keen understanding of new technologies (instant communication, online payments, blockchain technologies, ecommerce, cloud computing) and the ability to work with technical, legal and business partners.
What you’ll do
- As a mentor/player, lead a small but impactful team
- Define go-to-market strategy and product monetization recommendations
- Own market and opportunity assessment; collaborate with our Sr Product Partnerships Analyst on financial modeling of growth opportunities in key technology segments
- Formulate and test market entry hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations to product and engineering teams
- Provide subject matter authority on ecommerce, the AR/VR landscape, Web3 (industry trends, competitors, pricing/cost analysis, etc)
- Identify, structure, negotiate and implement commercial agreements with partners
- BS/BA degree required; MBA a plus
- 12+ years of professional experience in product partnerships or business development at a consumer technology company
- A background in strategy, corporate development, investment banking or management consulting a plus, but not required
- Significant and diverse contract drafting and negotiation experience, from small, experimental trials to multi-year, multi-million dollar, international agreements
- Knowledge of various business frameworks and approaches; quantitatively oriented in assessing opportunities and structuring agreements
- Experience running cross-functional efforts and collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Know-how in supporting team members with their professional development goals and empowering autonomy
- Leader by example, a model for how to build strong relationships
- Keen sense of priorities, ownership, drive, independence, and flexibility
- A track record of good judgment and implementation
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills. Direct and concise storytelling ability
- Understanding or background with Immersive Platforms (e.g., FB Horizon, Microsoft Mesh, Altspace VR, Frame VR, Spatial)
- Able to work remotely and travel once it is safe to do so
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunities and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1972
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/4457087