Director, Product Management - Customer Engagement - Engagement Apps (Support) United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio seeks a Product Director to be a key leader in defining a new offering in the customer engagement space. The person in this role will be critical in shaping a Programmable App designed to provide support agents with critical context needed to solve customer problems efficiently.
As Product Director of a new Programmable App, you will lead product managers that are building a data platform, front-end visualization layer and ML-driven APIs that deliver intelligent audience and personalization recommendations. You will be taking this product from inception to scale across a complex distributed, global platform with availability, throughput, and latency challenges. You will be responsible for establishing and managing relationships with F500 design partners, as well as the voice of the customer and product in C-level leadership strategy conversations.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- You are first and foremost a people person who has the ability to attract and motivate top talent. You are curious, collaborative, humble, and have empathy as a key trait.
- You have experience managing product managers for 4-5 years (eng managers a bonus!).
- You have hands-on experience shipping customer-facing apps with heavy ML and data components in the support field.
- You’re at your best when working with customers, comfortable digging into APIs with developers and talking high level strategy with business leaders
- You have experience managing a remote and diverse international team, and collaborating with engineering across multiple time zones including Bangalore.
- You have a flexible leadership style and demonstrated experience working with senior product leadership to help define, distill and communicate an app product strategy.
- You have experience setting a high bar for your team through BPMs/OKRs and defining the KPIs for their success.
- You are a master of agile processes and have managed products with 6+ scrum teams
- You’re a connector - you have a knack for connecting people and building bridges across different teams and locations. You’re also an agent of change - you leverage your communication skills and EQ to facilitate the adoption of what you build.
- You’re able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-paced environment, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the organization—will be required.
- You’ve solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Bonus: You have a CS background and an MBA.
As a Director, Product Management you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep your product managers connected with other product teams across the company for multiple strategic initiatives. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to predictably deliver customer value. Foster a culture that encourages individual decision-making and innovation. Inclusive communication will also be critical to maintaining alignment and our culture across our global locations.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate on roadmaps with product and engineering leaders across San Francisco, Denver, Madrid, London and Bangalore to ensure the team has clear direction (the ‘why!’) and priorities rooted in customer data.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Inspire your teams and manage their career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior members while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans. Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Be hands-on with the team - both product and engineering. You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in cloud-based infrastructure design and operations to recognize the important decisions your team faces and give meaningful advice, based on customer use cases.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Institute product management best practices - ensure the team produces high quality customer research, understands and communicates the problem, and documents the solution (UX, APIs docs, blueprints) and GTM strategy (including pricing).
- BE AN OWNER: Foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to build up the next generation of leaders.
- Travel required - up to 25% of the time post-COVID
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative and team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this team is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2294312