Director, Product Design - Studio Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision is seeking a Director, Product Design - Studio to head up our Studio product, to lead the design team to new heights and pioneer the next generation of design creation tools.
About the team:
We are designing the future roadmap of InVision Studio with the firm belief that the best products are created by collaborative, multi-disciplinary product teams. With that in mind, the mission of the Studio team is to empower Designers with world-class creative tools to inspire their best work, while enabling high quality collaboration across disciplines and skillsets. In partnership with your Product Management and Engineering peers, you will lead the team to create intuitive and intelligent design tools that both designers and product teams love.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and develop a team of 3 designers, growing larger over time
- Shape the vision for the user experience of Studio, working closely with your team and cross-functional partners
- Lead discovery and exploration of new strategic opportunities, and collaborate across product areas beyond Studio to ensure a holistic end-to-end user experience
- Synthesize product and business goals into user-centric design solutions. Work with designers to generate prototypes and mockups of experiences to envision what near and longer-term versions could be
- Demonstrate and model beautiful, functional visual and interaction design. Elegantly architect complex end-to-end flows
- Contribute to creating a creative culture that’s supportive, high-achieving, and team-oriented. Contribute to building out practices, rituals and culture across our Design organization
- Provide partnership to product managers, engineers, and researchers to solve complex problems, find compromises, and plan effectively. Use foresight to uncover interdependencies, trade-offs, and risks in long term work streams - making them visible and collaborating to resolve challenges early
- Support processes to enable continuous integration of research and testing into the design process. Work across teams to ensure we are utilizing both qualitative and quantitative insights in our design process and are clear about how they influence design decisions
- Commit to continually learning, training, and improving yourself and others’ craft and collaboration skills
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline related to: interaction, information architecture, user interface, UX, graphic design
- 8+ years working in consulting and/or in-house design or product team
- Extensive experience of shipping products that exist and are loved in the world. Demonstrable successes in both launching new-to-the-world, innovative products, as well as scaling and optimizing products already in the market
- Experience leading designers, projects and process spanning insights, ideation and validation through to design implementation. You love leading teams and simultaneously guiding and being in the work. You have experience leading and growing design culture in an agile or lean environment
- Experience building partnerships with Product Management leaders, Engineering leaders, Product Marketers, Researchers, and Data Analysts
- Passion for driving both strategy and execution. Meticulous attention to detail applied to everything from strategic direction through to usability and aesthetics
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working across web, IOS, and Android; solid knowledge of HTML/CSS, iOS, and Android semantics
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
- Expert in: Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision, and other prototyping tools
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/2355443