Director, Product Adoption & Optimization Client Services Remote, United States
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Director, Product Adoption is responsible for developing and maturing the service offering portfolio for all Medidata solutions (each solution covering multiple products) for the Professional Services organization. Key activities managed by the Director, Product Adoption will include:
- Manage the Product Adoption Solution Lead (PASL) team.
- Coordinate all aspects of developing Professional Service offerings, from inception to actualization.
- Management of Creation and refinement of the various service engagement methodologies (Consulting, Implementation, Enablement, Accreditation, Training)
- Ongoing development of intellectual assets supporting service delivery
- Coordinate with Finance, Sales and Pricing teams to determine standard Professional Services pricing, including initial pricing and post-project review.
- Piloting of new service offerings
- Sales and Services staff training on service offerings
- Engagement reviews
- Cross functional collaboration around product, pricing, training and marketing
The Director, Product Adoption is responsible for leading the associated SME teams across the one or more PS Market Segments. Key activities will include:
- Development of configuration and consulting best practices
- Develop training curriculum and skill requirements for service offerings
- Work with Medidata Academy on the development and deployment of training on service engagement methodologies and processes
- May supervise the activities of others.
The Director, Product Adoption will work closely with the following teams:
- Technology team - provide feedback on product development priorities and release plans.
- Marketing - provide input on marketing materials and value proposition.
- Sales - provide services delivery training and value attainment.
- Pricing - provide pricing input on delivery parameters and assessed efforts.
- Academy - guide development of training material and delivery
- PS Market Segment Teams - scale the delivery capabilities.
- Operational Excellence - develop SOPs, work instructions and standard templates/tools.
This individual will be evaluated on criteria in two areas:
a) Drive overall Professional Services success by increasing product adoption, which will result in improved PS revenue and margin (this will count for 50%).
b) Develop new Service Offerings and all related delivery collateral across the Medidata Solution Platform. These targets will count for 50% and relate to:
- Time to Release New Offerings: Ability to develop new service offerings on time and within planned hours
- Intellectual Asset Management: Maturity of intellectual assets supporting target service offerings
- Time to Profitability for Target Offerings: The time it takes for new service offerings to become profitable for Medidata
- Project Completion Ratios: The ability to help PS deliver target service offerings on time and on budget
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of Medidata Clinical Cloud platform and clinical trial software technology
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong project management and documentation skills
- Champion at process improvement. Challenge processes that are inefficient or counterproductive and establish new processes to improve efficiency.
- Proven ability to successfully work independently on new projects and initiatives while also being able to collaborate with others when needed to achieve goals.
- Ability to overcome obstacles, troubleshoot and reach resolutions Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time for office visits, team meetings and some client engagements
- Be a self starter
- Can work independently
- Takes initiative
- Collaborates well with other functions/departments
- Demonstrates positive leadership behavior
Your Education & Experience:
- Typically requires 12 years of overall work experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years of overall work experience and a Master’s degree; or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years with Medidata (preferably in Professional Services)
- At a minimum Implementation Manager or Director level (or above).
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/oNoDefwM