Director of UX Design Americas
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 80,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release. Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations, including Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, The New York Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia, use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission-critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by more than $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and Mountain View, California; and has over 400 employees in more than 30 countries around the world
You will lead a small team of UX designers, work closely with front-end and back-end web developers as well program managers to build, test, improve and maintain our web properties. Primarily elastic.co
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own the vision, blueprint for web design projects
- Partner with Program Management and Web Team to build and maintain our web experience. Work with them to define and measure KPI’s for the corporate website.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Demand Gen, Product Marketing, Training and Engineering to drive commercial awareness, acquisition, acceleration, expansion and renewal programs.
- Emphasis focused on commercial funnel optimization
- Work with Program Management, Demand Gen, and Marketing Analytics to define tests to optimize elastic.co and other digital experiences intelligently.
- Own relationship with between marketing and web design team
- Use consultative tactics to understand the needs of multiple business stakeholders and drive consensus behind a long-term approach to digital strategy
- Manage the UX/UI design team, ensuring quality of work produced and planning of resources.
- Mentor and partner UX/UI Designers, provide input and guidance on ongoing projects
What You Bring Along:
- 10+ years experience in UX strategy, web design, digital marketing, analytics; in-house or agency side
- 8+ years working closely with developer teams
- 6+ years directly managing web designers, UX designers
- Experience managing and evaluating outside creative and digital agencies
- Able to define and socialize digital strategies that extend across business units, product teams, and geographic segments
- Experience with A/B testing, analytics, CMS
- Ability to empathize with stakeholder needs, translate needs into actionable tasks and designs, drive compromise between negotiating parties, and communicate plans to multiple interested parties
- Experience optimizing digital interfaces for greater engagement, conversion, and brand affinity, aided by A/B testing methods and technology like Google Analytics (Optimizely, Adobe Target)
- Experience using the modern marketing technology stack (website analytics platforms, content management systems, marketing automation, customer databases, etc.)
- Created custom digital experiences at the user or segment level
- Depth of understanding of SEO and paid traffic acquisition, including placement in the buyer’s journey, user behavior, and user intent
- Excellent communicator (written, oral and visual/spatial)
- Bachelor's degree or have equivalent experience in marketing, user interface design, or quantitative/analytical fields
- You have been part of building world-class, enterprise grade websites in the past
- Knowledge of Marketo
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1419515