Director of Training-CrowdStrike Services United States
CrowdStrike Services, a leader in Cybersecurity consulting services, is looking for a high energy and customer-centric Director of Training. CrowdStrike is a pioneer and leader in the Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) space with the most robust cloud-based endpoint security solution in the market – Falcon. Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on CrowdStrike’s solutions to protect against data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk. CrowdStrike Services leverages the power of Falcon Host across Incident Response investigations and through Proactive assessments, helping our customers where they need it the most.
This highly visible and impactful role will be responsible for developing, maturing, selling and managing the customer and partner training and certification business at CrowdStrike. This role has global responsibility. Besides leading a team of curriculum developers, computer-based courseware developers, instructors and support staff, the Director of training will build relationships with the regional sales teams, marketing, and product management/engineering to assist in positioning appropriate training/enablement solutions. The Director will work with both the customer and the sales team to define an appropriate roadmap for the new training and certification programs, courses and delivery partnerships as necessary. This position will require the candidate to have a background in leading global customer and partner training and certification programs (preferably high-stakes certification programs) as well as have a solid cybersecurity background with experience / exposure to many of the following areas: Incident Response, Forensics, Network Security, EDR, Cloud Security, Vulnerability Assessments, Red Teaming and more. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, capable of being highly productive while on the road or in a local office, managing remotely dispersed staff and projects, as well as in delivering quality educational services and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Directs the design, planning, and implementation of training programs aligned with the objectives and strategy of the company.
- Collaborates with functional management teams to assess ongoing and future training and development needs as well as the effectiveness of established programs.
- Develops a program delivery schedule that provides training as needed and in locations that work for the participants including customers and partners.
- Provides engaging communications about program information to encourage participation and highlight the value and benefits of training.
- Approves new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs.
- Oversees and establishes relationships with vendors to provide additional outside training programs.
- Manages and develops training professionals.
- Manages a course development, certification, training partnerships and services within the services organization.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for training sub-functions and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Deep knowledge of the course development, instructional design, training management, certification programs, enablement, and solid knowledge of training services.
- Foster productive communication with regional sales teams regarding product offerings, engagement schedules, project progress, and issue escalation
- Define appropriate service solution packages based upon sales input, customer requirements, technical parameters, and budget
- Manage consulting team schedules including time and expense approvals
- Ensure chargeability goals for the team are met for the region
- Assist in practice development efforts
- Act as a productive mentor to members of the practice
- Ensure that CrowdStrike projects meet the customers’ expectations
- Participate in practice metric management effort
Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing diverse technical and services teams
- Experience acting as an escalation point for training and certification issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with and building a training partner eco-system to support the business
- Self-starter and independent, but also able to work within a team environment, helping out when needed on various initiatives
- Able to accept constructive criticism and implement relevant changes
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly and accurately
- Highly motivated, driven and passionate about technology, training and customer success
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills; at ease and comfortable working in a client environment
- Able to plan for and deliver a project on a specific deadline
- 8+ years of experience in the security industry sector. 5 or more years leading educational services delivery in a management capacity.
- Experience in managing and enhancing a world-class training and certification organization, as well as growing a training business.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a technical or business discipline is preferred
- Ability to provide direct supervision to professional individual contributors. Act as an adviser to the business unit to meet schedules and resolve problems. Able to lead a cooperative effort among team members of a project team.
- Experience in operations and project management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to include interpersonal, presentation, writing, financial and status reporting skills as well as for customer-facing interactions.
- Ability to develop and administer schedules, performance requirements and multitask with multiple competing priorities. Follows processes and operational policies.
- Ability to respond creatively to project scheduling, logistical and technical demands
- Understanding and hands-on use of services, training & product sales tools such as Salesforce, Litmos (LMS), OpenAir, FinancialForce, Jira, Microsoft Office Suite, Cloudshare, etc.
- Willing to travel at 20-40% as required.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/om2I8fwY